Monday 2 November 2009

The Adventure! With Pictures!!!





Here are some pictures from my holiday for you all to enjoy. The holiday began with a night in London before getting the Eurostar to Paris. We spent four nights in Paris and visited/saw Montmatre, the Moulin Rouge, the Amelie Cafe, Notre Dame, the Shakespeare and Company bookshop, the David Lynch window displays at Galeries Lafayette department store, the Palace of Versailles and the Jardins des Plantes (botanical gardens). After our four days were up we then got the TGV from Paris to Irun where we caught an overnight sleeper train to Lisbon. We then caught a connecting train from Lisbon to Faro. In Faro we met up with some of my boyfriend's family and stayed with them in a gorgeous villa complete with pool in Quintas de Lago for six days. During our time there we visited Albufeira, Silves and a beautiful Portugeuse nature reserve (the name of which escapes me). We ate our body weight in barbequed food, went for evening walks on the beach and celebrated my boyfriend's grandma's birthday. After the six days were up the family returned home and my boyfriend and I went on to Lisbon. Whilst I'd been to Paris and the Algarve before, Lisbon was completely new to me and I really didn't know what to expect, but I have to say I absolutely loved it. We spent four days there and during that time we went to the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum - set in the most beautiful parkland, complete with outdoor beds! - the Lisbon Oceanarium where I saw and fell in love with sea otters, the beautiful Baixa area of the city complete with bright yellow trams and stunning architecture and the Marionette Museum. When our time in Lisbon was at an end, we boarded another overnight sleeper train to Hendaye. We then caught a connecting TGV back up to Paris where we spent a final night (in a hotel with a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower) before getting the eurostar back to London. It was a fantastic adventure and I'll never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment